Freitag, 3. April 2015

St. Patrick's Day 2015

I'm a little late with my post this year, I know. Still, I hope you all had a great St. Patrick's Day! Due to work I couldn't do anything this year - no visit to the local pub, no music, no Guiness, not even tea and soda bread. *sigh* But at least I managed to take part in the St. Patrick's Day Competition at Ravelry.

This year's project was inspired by a picture I took on our last holiday when we went cycling on the Great Western Greenway.



At the time the competition started I also needed something to keep my wrists warm in my draughty office, so I decided to knit a pair of cuffs for myself.

Luckily I had all I needed for that in my stash: a green self-striping yarn that I had dyed myself a while ago and scraps in white, black and purple. I made several versions of the chart I was going to use and finally settled for the one in the middle.



The cuffs themselves are just two tubes in with ribbing at either end, so the only tricky bit was doing a couple of rounds in colourwork with four different colours. Fiddly, but doable. And here is the result:







And they won! :-) Many thanks to everyone who voted for them. The decisions this year were particularly difficult because there were so many gorgeous projects.

The competition is always so much fun! If you're interested in joining us next year, you can get a reminder over at Ravelry.

Kommentare:

  1. Große klasse! Die sind wirklich hübsch geworden! Auch wenn ich mir die anderen Beiträge jetzt nicht angeschaut habe, behaupte ich mal, dass du ein würdiger Gewinner dieser Challenge bist. ;)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Mein Gott, sind die niedlich!
    *böh* =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Aii, süß! *.* Und herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Sieg. :)

    AntwortenLöschen